IVCCD’s ongoing commitment to its mission
Wednesday / September 26, 2018
By Dr. Chris Duree
Many, if not most, organizations have a mission statement which is intended to make a claim about their passion, purpose, and commitment. More than simply publishing an institution’s mission on documents, websites, or posting on walls and marketing brochures, the statement should become embedded in the culture and backed by multiple accomplishments.
In the case of Iowa Valley Community College District, we tell our customers that we are committed to: providing quality learning experiences, ensuring student success, responding to the diverse needs of our communities, and building partnerships. We are quite serious about continually staying focused on our missional commitments. And so, our constituents might logically ask, “What proof does the District have to demonstrate that it is achieving its mission?” Let’s take a look at some facts from 2018 …
Ellsworth Community College:
- Ranked 17th in the country for highest student success rate by CNNMoney.com.
- Precision Agriculture program is ranked 3rd best in the country by PrecisionAg.com.
- Equine program is ranked 2nd best in the country by HorseSchools.com.
- Students have some of the lowest student debt loads in Iowa as ranked by the Iowa College Student Aid Commission.
Marshalltown Community College:
- Named a Top School in the 2018 MAE&T Guide to Colleges and Universities by Military Advanced Education & Transition.
- Named 4th best Iowa community college for its online degree programs by TheBestColleges.org.
- Graduates have the second lowest total debt upon graduation of any Iowa college, and MCC has the lowest percentage of graduates with debt according to the Iowa College Student Aid Commission.
Iowa Valley Community College District:
- Recognized as being the #1 LPN Nursing School in Iowa for 2018 based on NCLEX exam pass rates and number of students by PracticalNursing.org.
- Ranked as one of Iowa’s Top Workplaces for the 6th time.
- Has educational partnerships with 17 of its neighboring school districts.
- Played an instrumental role in the tornado disaster recovery for the American Red Cross, Lennox Mfg., Alliant Energy, and Marshall County’s District Court.
Our Iowa Valley Continuing Education division has workforce training agreements with multiple companies from one end of the District to the other, and serves hundreds of individuals each year at the Education and Training Center, the Orpheum Theater Center, and a multitude of other programs.
In short, we are committed to our mission in every possible way, and have the data and results to prove it.