Skip To Main Content

Dr. Kristie Fisher is named new IVCCD Chancellor

Dr. Kristie FisherThis afternoon the Iowa Valley Community College District (IVCCD) Board of Directors named Dr. Kristie Fisher to succeed Dr. Chris Duree when he retires as IVCCD Chancellor on June 30. Currently a resident of Solon and Senior Director of National Associations & Market Engagement for ACT. Inc., Dr. Fisher indicated she and her husband plan to move to Marshall County in the near future, and she will spend time working with Dr. Duree before he leaves office.

“I want to thank the Board, Board President Larry Johnson, and everyone else involved in the process,” said Dr. Fisher, who was at the meeting. “We’re delighted to be moving to this area, and it will be an honor and a pleasure to join the Iowa Valley team. As I informed a few family members and close friends today that I would be accepting this position, they asked me ‘Why Iowa Valley?’. My response was that I find the people here to be very genuine, and mission-driven. There’s a collaborative culture here, great communities, and I love the uniqueness of ECC and MCC. It will be an honor for me to follow Dr. Duree and continue his work here.”

Johnson said the search process was long and came at a busy time of year, but that he appreciated the work of the Hiring Committee and the community involvement in the process. “We’re excited to start on this journey with you,” he told Dr. Fisher. “We’re just very pleased that you’ve accepted.”

Dr. Fisher’s exact start date is yet to be determined.

Dr. Fisher has been with ACT in Iowa City since 2014. Prior to that she was with Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, where she was Vice President of Student Services from 2006-2014, Director of Special Projects & Assistant to the President from 2004-2006, and Annual Giving Director from 1995-2000. From 2000 to 2004 she worked as Director of Community Relations for College Community School District in Cedar Rapids.