IVCCD approves tuition, housing, room/board for 2019-20
Friday / June 14, 2019
The Iowa Valley Community College District (IVCCD) Board of Directors approved a $5 per credit hour tuition increase for in-state students when it met this week in Grinnell. The increase, at 2.51%, is a lower percentage than the average increase at the other Iowa community colleges as reported thus far. Tuition for out-of-state and international students is still under consideration and will be voted on at the July Board meeting.
Related to student costs for 2019-20, the Board also approved meal plans and housing rates for students at both Ellsworth Community College and Marshalltown Community College. The ECC meal plan is increasing by 4%, and the ECC housing rates will increase by 5%; neither of those rates have changed since 2017-18. The MCC semester meal plans will increase by 2.28% and 2.41% and daily meal rates will increase by 1.1%, while MCC housing charges will remain the same as in 2018-19.
In other matters, the Board approved the following:
- A 2.5% salary increase for 2019-20 for all regular full-time and part-time benefit eligible non-faculty employees.
- A Master Agreement with the Iowa Valley Community College Education Association/ISEA representing IVCCD faculty; that agreement also called for a 2.5% wage increase for 2019-20.
- An agreement to provide college level courses to students at Eldora-New Providence (South Hardin) High School.
- The IVCCD Quality Faculty Plan for 2019-20, which includes an updated faculty mentoring process and a means for sharing professional development learning via a new Faculty Blog.
- Agreements with Iowa Falls-Alden Community School District for IFA’s use of the ECC Trades & Industries building, classroom and computer lab for Green Belt Alternative High School and for ECC’s use of the IFA football field, baseball diamond and Rock Run Elementary field for Panther football/baseball games and practices.
- Updates to the District’s Board Policy and Guideline related to resignations.
- An articulation agreement with Palmer College of Chiropractic for transfer of the ECC/MCC Associate of Arts degree to Palmer College.
- Five-year agreements between MCC and Adidas America, Inc. and Decker Sports for apparel purchases and financial incentives for the MCC Tiger Athletic Department programs.
- An FY20 roadway maintenance agreement with the Iowa Department of Transportation, which reimburses IVCCD $6,120 for routine maintenance of IDOT roadways on the MCC campus.
- An amendment to the WIOA Region 6 Master Agreement providing $8,660.44 in additional funds for the month of June 2019.
The next regular meeting of the IVCCD Board will be Wednesday, July 10, at 4 pm at the District Administration Building at 3702 S. Center St. in Marshalltown.