As of March 13, informational emails to all students/all employees and news related to our college responses to the emerging COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak are being posted to this web page. All updates will include a date/time, with newer information at the top of the page.
- COVID-19 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- ALL STUDENT INFORMATION
- ECC-Specific Student Messages
- MCC/IVG-Specific Student Messages
- HOUSING – Housing-related emails are being sent directly to all students signed up for housing during the Spring 2020 term, whether or not they’re still on campus. Those emails are not posted here. While we continue to serve our few students who are currently on campus, we have issued new guidance for the health and safety of our campus family: Due to travel and state guidelines, students who are not currently living in campus residence halls will not be allowed to return without administrative approval. We understand that you may have items you need in order to continue your studies, and our Residence Life Staff will work with you to get these items to you when possible. We are following CDC and Iowa Department of Public Health guidelines and will re-evaluate for our April 13 lab classes. If circumstances require you to return to campus or you need items essential for your studies, contact the appropriate Housing staff. MCC = 641-485-0784, ECC = 641-373-4657.
- EMPLOYEE INFORMATION
- COVID-19 NEWS RELEASES
As always please stay home if you are ill. In addition to COVID-19, there are a variety of other illnesses including influenza that are striking communities and work places so please keep yourself and your colleagues healthy.
If you are interested, the Iowa Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control both are excellent resources available online.
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a virus (more specifically, a coronavirus) identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China.
Other helpful links:
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Hardin County Public Health
- Marshall County Health Department
- Poweshiek County Department of Public Health
- Tama County Public Health & Home Care Department
Stay healthy, Kristie Fisher