Iowa Valley Community College District is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (Ph. 1-312-263-0456), the Iowa Department of Education, and the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships; some individual ECC and MCC degree programs are also accredited by agencies specific to those areas of study.
- Higher Learning Commission – Prior to 1996, Ellsworth Community College and Marshalltown Community College were accredited as separate colleges. In July 1996, the HLC accreditation processes were merged and accreditation was granted to the District. In 2001, IVCCD chose to pursue its Higher Learning Commission re-accreditation through the Academic Quality Improvement Program/AQIP process. In August 2012, IVCCD was one of seven Midwest colleges to pioneer a Baldrige-based Systems Appraisal as a key component of the AQIP accreditation process. As part of this model, the District submitted an Iowa Recognition for Performance Excellence application in 2012 and was awarded the Iowa Quality Center Tier 3 – Leadership Award. In July 2015, IVCCD was approved by the HLC to change to the Open Pathway for its process of reaffirmation of accreditation, which follows a 10-year cycle and is focused on quality assurance and institutional improvement. The next HLC reaffirmation of accreditation for IVCCD will take place in 2024-2025.
- Iowa Department of Education – IVCCD is accredited by the Iowa Department of Education (IDOE) and successfully completed the comprehensive review process during the 2018-2019 academic year; the District’s accreditation approval notice is dated May 14, 2019.
- IDOE Comprehensive Accreditation Approval Notice (document provided by the Iowa Department of Education)
- National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP) http://www.nacep.org/
179 East Franklin Street
PO Box 578
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
- Programmatic Accreditations
- MCC Dental Assisting
Commission on Dental Accreditation, American Dental Association https://www.ada.org/en/coda
211 East Chicago Avenue, Suite 1900
Chicago, IL 60611-2637
- ECC & MCC Medical Assisting
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs https://www.caahep.org/
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
- ECC & MCC Practical Nursing and Associate Degree Nursing
Approved by the Iowa Board of Nursing https://nursing.iowa.gov/
400 S.W. 8th Street, Suite B
Des Moines, IA 50309-4685
- MCC Dental Assisting
IVCCD’s Accreditation Cycles & Timeline
More information about accreditation can be obtained by contacting IVCCD Accreditation Liaison Officer Dr. Lisa Breja.