Bond Projects Update
In 2019, the voters in 10 counties approved a Bond Referendum, providing funds to the Iowa Valley Community College District for much-needed projects. The funds are being leveraged to improve the safety, security, and sustainability of the college communities.
The projects fall into five categories:
- Learning Spaces – Renovate STEM classrooms and labs, improve the library and Student Success Center, expand the Grinnell Gunsmith Technology lab space, and remodel the IVCE Conference Center and meeting/workforce training rooms.
- Living Spaces – Add new living spaces (and living capacity) to the Ellsworth campus.
- Safety and Security – Upgrade security systems and improve campus lighting.
- Technologies – Upgrade technological infrastructures and improve internet connectivity across the four-county service area.
- Infrastructures – Upgrade aging HVAC and electrical systems, rehab damaged interior and exterior walls and ceilings, replace worn carpeting, and leaky windows, improve accessibility, and refresh public spaces.
Keep track of the ongoing progress by clicking on our campus-specific pages: