Phi Theta Kappa Inducts 2020-21 All-Iowa Academic Team Members
Thursday / March 25, 2021
The Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society (PTK) recognized outstanding academic achievement with the induction of several students to the All-Iowa Academic Team during a ceremony on March 24, 2021. The ceremony, generally held in Des Moines, was virtual this year.
“We are proud to have an opportunity to highlight academic achievement,” said Joerg Rochlitzer, Professor of Social Sciences and PTK advisor. “These students have displayed consistently high academic standards throughout their career, and I am confident they will go on to do amazing things post-graduation.”
The Iowa Valley Community College District will induct two students from each school in the District. Honorees include:
- Olivia Halsey, studying at Ellsworth Community College. After graduation, Halsey plans to attend the University of Northern Iowa to major in Elementary Education.
- Samuel Nicholas Seedorf, who is studying Business Administration at Ellsworth Community College. Seedorf plans to Attend the University of Northern Iowa to study Supply Chain Management after graduation.
- Lainey Davis, studying Liberal Arts at Iowa Valley Grinnell. After graduation, Davis plans to transfer to a four-year school to study English.
- Mandie Martin, studying Liberal Arts at Iowa Valley Grinnell. Martin plans to attend the Savannah College of Art and Design after graduation.
- Olivia Stone, who is studying Elementary Education (with a minor in Music) at Marshalltown Community College. Stone plans to attend the University of Northern Iowa, with a plan to major in elementary education, in the hopes of becoming a music teacher.
- Jessica Thede, who is studying Medical Assisting at Marshalltown Community College. Thede plans to join the workforce and get a job in her field after graduation.
Phi Theta Kappa the official honor society for two-year colleges. The organization aims to recognize academic achievement, provide leadership and scholarship opportunities, career training, and prepare students for transfer success.
The Ellsworth Community College (ECC) chapter of PTK has been awarded a five-star rating, the highest possible level for a college to receive. This is the second year ECC has received this distinguished honor.