Orpheum Theater Center
The historic Orpheum Theater Center, located at 220 E. Main St., Marshalltown, Iowa, is owned and operated by Iowa Valley Community College District.
Check out the “at a glance” schedule below for an overview of what’s happening at the Orpheum Theater Center, or click on the links to the left to find selected upcoming events information in greater detail. Want to rent a room or tour the facility? Grab a snack and a great cup of coffee? You can do it all at the Orpheum Theater Center … the epitome of community!
|We hope you join us for these wonderful upcoming activities! Watch this website or our Facebook page for additional information.
- Saturday, Oct. 5 – Django Shredders at 7 pm in the Black Box Theater. You can hear their music on the Marian Liebowitz Artist Management website. The Django Shredders are making themselves known in San Francisco. This guitar duo plays in the style of Django Reinhart; learn more here. Tickets are $12.50.
- Saturday, Nov. 9 – Swingin’ 60s Seberg FUNdraiser to benefit the Jean Seberg Endowment Fund and future JS Festivals. Live music, silent auction, Jean “look alike” contest, hors d’oeuvres and more from 7-10 pm in the Black Box Theater. Dig out your love beads and bell bottoms and join us! Tickets available in October; for more information contact Nancy Adams email@example.com or Val Ruff firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, Nov. 15 – Wine Tasting (Champagnes & Sparking Wines for the Holidays) at 7 pm in the Black Box Theater. Tickets are $20. Because we do great appetizers (and we also need to know how much wine to order), you must pre-order tickets by Wednesday, Nov. 13, by calling 641-844-5920.
- Saturday, Nov. 23 – The Kay Brothers at 7 pm; give a listen to their Find Your Love video. These fantastic musicians play what is known as ‘Ozark Stompgrass.’ They’re really good folk music players, and this will be a lively, amazing show! Tickets are $12.50.
- Friday, Dec. 6 – The OK Factor Christmas at 7 pm in the Black Box Theater. Ring in the holiday season as two classical musicians, violin and cello, perform a heartwarming celebration of Christmas. You’ll not want to miss this … great for the whole family! Check their website to learn about the artists and hear their music. Tickets are $12.50.
- Saturday, Feb. 15 – NOLA Jazz Band at 7 pm in the Black Box Theater. An evening with this upbeat New Orleans jazz band is a great way to kick the winter blahs! Tickets are $12.50.
- Friday, Mar. 20 – Terence Simien & The Zydeco Experience at 7 pm. Tickets are $12.50.
A NOTE FROM THE ORPHEUM DIRECTOR – While movies and music are the core of our programming at the Orpheum, we also want to do what I call “Let 1,000 Flowers Bloom.” Right now, the Orpheum is offering (free of charge) participation in a monthly Poetry group which meets the fourth Thursday of each month, and an Anime group which meets twice a month. The Wine & Beer tasting groups are similar efforts to this, as is the Seberg Festival. If you have a cultural interest which the Orpheum could host, feel free to come talk with us. The only thing which is certain is that it’ll take 3-5 volunteers (which you have to provide) before we’d partner with you … but if you want to start a line dancing group, or do Bonsai, or have a strong interest in graffiti art – or any other cultural thing – send me an email, and we’ll set up a time to talk!
The Orpheum Theater Center is located at 220 E. Main Street in Marshalltown, Iowa. The Orpheum is owned and operated by Iowa Valley Community College District. For upcoming movies, call the Movie Line at 641-844-5907.