The historic Orpheum Theater, located at 220 E. Main St., Marshalltown, Iowa, is owned and operated by Iowa Valley Community College District.
Check out the “at a glance” schedule below for an overview of what’s happening at the Orpheum, or click on the links to the left to find selected upcoming events information in greater detail. Want to rent a room or tour the facility? Grab a snack and a great cup of coffee? You can do it all at the Orpheum Theater … the epitome of community!
|We hope you join us for these wonderful upcoming activities! Watch this website or our Facebook page for additional information.
- Friday, Dec. 6 – The OK Factor Christmas at 7 pm in the Black Box Theater. Ring in the holiday season as two classical musicians, violin and cello, perform a heartwarming celebration of Christmas. You’ll not want to miss this … great for the whole family! Check their website to learn about the artists and hear their music. Tickets are $12.50.
- Saturday & Sunday, Dec. 7 & 8 – Holiday Movie Series (Abominable) at 1 pm & 4 pm. Your whole family will enjoy these movies, sponsored by downtown Marshalltown businesses.
- Saturday & Sunday, Dec. 14 & 15 – Holiday Movie Series (The Grinch 2018) at 1 pm & 4 pm. Your whole family will enjoy these movies, sponsored by downtown Marshalltown businesses.
- Saturday, Jan. 25 – Winterfest 2020 at 7 pm. Two progressive rock bands, The Sires and Halfloves, will combine to make a memorable evening. Tickets are $12.50.
- Saturday, Feb. 15 – NOLA Jazz Band at 7 pm. You know you want to do Mardi Gras the right way … an evening with NOLA Jazz Band is the right way! Tickets are $12.50.
- Friday, Mar. 20 – Terence Simien & The Zydeco Experience at 7 pm. This band has won TWO Grammy awards. If you miss this concert, you don’t want to know what you’ll have missed. (They’ll have done an all-school assembly earlier that day, with the 700+ kids at Miller Middle School.) Tickets are $12.50.
- Saturday, Apr. 25– 18 Men Who Can Cook from 5:30 – 8:30 pm. This event is back and will be better than ever. This year there will be a couple of desserts upstairs, so you can work off the calories before you even consume them! Proceeds are an important part of how we pay for kids’ movies, Orpheum improvements, and artist fees. Put it on your calendar now!
- Friday, May 1 – The Maytags are back at 7 pm! The Maytags are a soulful Des Moines rock group growing in fame in central Iowa. Their great sounds are both danceable and moving. Please note the FRIDAY date. Tickets are $12.50.
A NOTE FROM THE ORPHEUM DIRECTOR – While movies and music are the core of our programming at the Orpheum, we also want to do what I call “Let 1,000 Flowers Bloom.” Right now, the Orpheum is offering (free of charge) participation in a monthly Poetry group which meets the fourth Thursday of each month. The Wine & Beer tasting groups are similar efforts to this, as is the Seberg Festival. If you have a cultural interest which the Orpheum could host, feel free to come talk with us. The only thing which is certain is that it’ll take 3-5 volunteers (which you have to provide) before we’d partner with you … but if you want to start a line dancing group, or do Bonsai, or have a strong interest in graffiti art – or any other cultural thing – send me an email, and we’ll set up a time to talk!
The Orpheum Theater is located at 220 E. Main Street in Marshalltown, Iowa. The Orpheum is owned and operated by Iowa Valley Community College District. For upcoming movies, call the Movie Line at 641-844-5907.