If you are looking to take your career to the next level, you are likely looking to add leadership training. Why? People with leadership experience tend to be strategic thinkers, project managers, and be the motivators that drive teams and businesses forward. So, how do you develop these skills before your next interview? How can businesses develop these skills in their employees that want to advance? Often, the answer is leadership training.
Leadership development classes can be a valuable tool for anyone looking to improve their leadership skills. However, not all leadership development classes are created equal, and it’s important to know what to look for when choosing one. We discuss the key factors to consider when selecting a leadership development class.
- Curriculum: The first thing to consider when choosing a leadership development class is the curriculum. Look for a program that covers a wide range of topics, including communication skills, problem-solving, decision-making, and conflict resolution. The curriculum should also be tailored to your specific needs and goals, whether you’re a new manager or an experienced executive.
- Instructor Expertise: The best leadership development classes are taught by experienced leaders who have a proven track record of success. Look for instructors who have worked in a variety of industries and have experience in different leadership roles.
- Format: Some programs are offered in-person, while others are delivered online. Regardless of the format, sessions should be open and collaborative, and provide plenty of opportunities for attendees to share experiences and ask questions.
- Support: When reviewing, ask yourself about the level of support offered by the program. Look for a class that provides ongoing support, including access to resources and mentorship opportunities. Leadership is never learned in one day or one session – sometimes the follow up is just as vital as the class itself.
- Value: Leadership development classes can vary widely in price, so it’s important to choose a program that fits within your budget, or your employer’s learning and development budget. But in addition to the cost of the class, consider what you will gain by attending: will this open doors to additional learning potential? If so, the cost of the class will pay off in promotions and additional wages.
Iowa Valley Business and Community Solutions offers several leadership development courses, both tailored to the individuals and businesses. We work with trainers who have years of leadership training experience, and can help you learn and practice the skills you need. Our instructors will take your existing leadership experience and apply new concepts that will help at every level of your career.